Thursday, November 12, 2015
Making a Clipboard to Share Resources
In trying to decide what topic to use to experiment with Educlipper, I had a bit of a struggle. Having spent ten years in an English classroom, I certainly had plenty of ideas of how I would have used it in the classroom. As a new administrator, though, my "classroom" has changed a bit. While much of my job revolves around making things go and clearing the way for teachers to do their jobs, the part of my job that I enjoy is being an educational leader. I decided to create my clipboard around a topic that I feel strongly about, and encourage with my staff members: student blogging. I took the approach of teachers as my students, and I provided resources and discussions that revolve around the topic of blogging in general, teacher blogging, student blogging, how to set up blogs, and a little bit of inspiration about authentic audiences from Alan November.
I included a blog post I wrote as part of a PD for staff about why teachers should consider blogging, which includes the resources I pulled together here (just in a different format), and my goal with this is to have something I can readily share with teachers who prefer a different format for finding information when they're interested in blogging.
Ultimately, I want to have a job in my school district that would allow me to shape the way we offer PD to teachers, the way we use technology in the classroom, and, ultimately, change the way we teach students. This particular tool is a way for me to explore what I would do and how I would do it before the job exists.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment